Representative of Indonesia to ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) in collaboration with General Elections Network for Disability Access (AGENDA) and ASEAN Disability Forum (ADF) is organizing a series of four bi-weekly webinars with a theme of “Advancing the Protection of Disability Rights in ASEAN in the Context of Post-Pandemic” on Monday at 09.00 – 12.00 Bangkok/Jakarta time.
The first webinar on April 5, will be on the realization of reasonable accommodation, living independently, accessing the right to healthcare, the right to an adequate standard of living, and social protection during the COVID-19 pandemic with prominent speakers from Southeast Asia countries.
- Ms. Saowalak Thongkuay, Member of UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), Thailand
- Mr. Doni Monardo, National COVID-19 Task Force Chief, Indonesia (TBC)
- Dato’ Madeline Berma, Commissioner of SUHAKAM, Malaysia
- Ms. Ha Thi Minh Duc, Representative of Vietnam to Senior Officials Meeting on Social Welfare and Development (SOMSWD)
- Mr. Lauro Purcil Jr., Chair of Center for Advocacy, Learning, and Livelihood (CALL) Foundation, Philippines
Sign language interpretation and closed captions are provided during the webinar. The event is supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Australian Government.